i3 REx one year review

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomMoloughney

A year already? Time flies when your having fun, I guess. I did a comprehensive review of my i3 REx now that I've had a year to see what I like and what I'd like to see BMW improve. Take a look and let me know what you like and don't like about your i3:

http://bmwi3.blogspot.com/2015/06/bmw-i3-rex-one-year-review.html

A great summation Tom, and echoes my experience so far even if its only been a few months into ownership.

One of my minor irritants is the lack of adjustment for the sensitivity of the light sensor. It's no big deal either as the car is such fun to drive. No mention of the tendency for the car to track the road camber for you?

Regards
PP

Great review, only issues for me are sidewind sensitivity and poor winter range along with poor public charging still lacking enough CCS in UK at present.

There are compromises you have to make but I enjoy the positives more.

You're absolutely spot on about increased mileage in a REx, by the way. Had I bought a BEV, i would have potentially not taken the car on some longer trips and gone in our Diesel instead. Therefore, my overall number of electric miles is higher. BMW is missing this as a sales argument, I think.

Now before people jump onto this thread and interpret it as REx v BEV, let me say this: everyone's situation (especially in terms of public charging) is different and therefore so are the amount of electric miles one can do.

Back