Part Wanted I3S winter rims/wheels style 428

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bresso

Looking to buy: i3S 428 style winter 19” wheels package (below picture from BMW site). Will take with or without tires! Let me know your location and price. Located in Boston, Ma, USA

Part# 36112455050

I can also trade (+cash) my style 429 19” winter rims and blizzaks which have just 700 miles on them.

Attachments

• IMG_0337.jpeg
    IMG_0337.jpeg
    224.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2415.jpeg
    IMG_2415.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Looking to buy: i3S 428 style winter 19” wheels package (below picture from BMW site). Will take with or without tires! Let me know your location and price. Located in Boston, Ma, USA

Part# 36112455050

I can also trade (+cash) my style 429 19” winter rims and blizzaks which have just 700 miles on them.
Hi I have staggered set of black rims and tires summer set up.

Ct

Hi,

thanks for the reply. Winter requires a square setup so unfortunately that wouldn’t work for me. The search continues, haha.

square as in not round. 😅

dont worry, i'll show myself out!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
BMW suggests a square setup for winter, and I don't have a reason to question their recommendation.
Hi, which type of rims you have for summer tires? In case of you have 20" rims, I would strongly suggest to consider 195/55 R20 winter tires. Perfectly fits to i3s 20" rims & immense handling difference between 155s & these. Only 3% loss in total mileage at full charge. Much longer tire life since less weight per inches (wider contact area for the same weight). Real life (GPS) speed & mileage data on dashboard due to very slight increase on tire diameter. I'm using now a set of Goodyear Ultragrip Performance +

Hi, which type of rims you have for summer tires? In case of you have 20" rims, I would strongly suggest to consider 195/55 R20 winter tires. Perfectly fits to i3s 20" rims & immense handling difference between 155s & these. Only 3% loss in total mileage at full charge. Much longer tire life since less weight per inches (wider contact area for the same weight). Real life (GPS) speed & mileage data on dashboard due to very slight increase on tire diameter. I'm using now a set of Goodyear Ultragrip Performance +
Thanks for the suggestion. I have 20” for summer. However, in the US we don’t have access to 20” winter tires, only 19”.

I am looking for a set of 20" rims to put on my I3, with or without tires. I have the 19"s and its harder to get any tire besides the Bridgestones.

The 20's are a 'rougher' ride. The 19's ride better for trips and the 20's are more fun around town. Seem to wear about the same, but I have only used the Ecopias.

I have a set of oem 20” black staggers from i3s. With tpms.

Let me know

Attachments

• IMG_1897.jpeg
    IMG_1897.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1895.jpeg
    IMG_1895.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1896.jpeg
    IMG_1896.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
The 20's are a 'rougher' ride. The 19's ride better for trips and the 20's are more fun around town. Seem to wear about the same, but I have only used the Ecopias.
I'm not disagreeing with your statement about 20” tires, but I have 19’s and wonder what makes the 20’s more fun. I didn't choose them because of the harder ride and the cost.

Also, if one were to switch from 19’s to 20’s how can the speedometer and odometer be kept accurate?

The 20's have lower side wall than the 19's. Same overall diameter. Is why the 19's are more comfortable, but don't corner as well.

Back