iDrive favourites buttons

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m11wlk

The 8 favourites buttons are touch sensitive so if you touch (put don't press) it displays their current assignments across the top of the screen...

Mine keeps popping the assignments up across the screen (and then going to 8 and saying press and hold to save) when driving around - randomly (i.e. when my fingers are nowhere near it).

It's quite annoying. I'll leave it a while and maybe try a soft cloth and clean or something later.

Anyone else had this (or know if it's just something I am doing wrong)

M

M,

Funny, our long-term i3 at What Car? has been doing exactly the same thing. Drives me nuts.

Did you ever find a solution for it?

Kind regards,

John

No solution yet other than pushing the offending button a few times! It always seems worse first thing in the morning (maybe as its usually colder).

There is fine buzzy rattle from inside that part of the radio unit as well but on balance I fear they would be worse should I let BMW have a go at taking apart that part of the dash to repair so I've left it for the moment.

This explains why I saw the assignments pop-up today when I was reaching for my phone in the well underneath the Professional Display. Now I know why .. thanks! I didn't even know this feature existed. No sticky action observed, however.

Back