In the shop for a week....

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easports82

So I had to take my REx in last week because the Check Engine light came on, after the restraint light had turned on and off a couple days prior. Thanks to the app, I've been able to keep tabs on the "progress" (did BMW realize I could now stalk my car?): sat for 2 days, then moved briefly, sat for 2 more days (3 calendar days, but they don't work Sundays), until activity today, when I see they have tripped the "Drivetrain. Stop carefully" warning.

1) Like having the app to track where the car is (don't feel the service adviser's tried to keep me in the loop)
2) How's the Drivetrain error worked out for others? I've seen it popup a few times in the active threads
3) When you've gone in for service, how long has BMW taken to diagnose and return the car?

I've had an ICE for the last week (used it for a roadtrip over the weekend, which it was surprisingly efficient on) and really want to get back to one-pedal driving.

Which app are you referring to, iRemote? I've seen others refer to tracking the car via an app, but I've not seen an option for doing that in iRemote.

mjk said:
Which app are you referring to, iRemote? I've seen others refer to tracking the car via an app, but I've not seen an option for doing that in iRemote.
There are all sorts of little things in the app that you just have to find! Go to the Mobility page (swipe left once) and the small icon near the top sort of looks like a stick person unfolding a map...tap on that.

Back