Insurance

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noakey

Hi all,

Was wondering insurance premium people are finding with which providers... need to go looking soon..

Thanks Neil

I was quoted around £350 by NFU for two drivers, 10k miles, SDP only - no excess.

Both my wife & I are retired with max no-claims on our other vehicles.

I was very pleasantly surprised at the cost of insuring my i3. I am paying only £210 for myself and my wife, full no claims and based on 8k miles and includes driving to my place of work.. The premium is actually less than I was paying for my 8 year old Fiat Panda.

I am paying 750.00£ for comprehensive, 21,000 miles per year.
Thats lot of mileage, indeed !!!

I have also taken a Gap insurance for 15,000.00 to cover the deficit of what insurance will pay based on market value, if the car becomes a write-off.
I paid 500.00 to cover 4 years term.

regards,
ken

kentheteaman said:
I am paying 750.00£ for comprehensive, 21,000 miles per year.
Thats lot of mileage, indeed !!!

I have also taken a Gap insurance for 15,000.00 to cover the deficit of what insurance will pay based on market value, if the car becomes a write-off.
I paid 500.00 to cover 4 years term.

regards,
ken

I was thinking if doing the shortfall insurance too, it doesn't look an easy car to repair so write offs might be more likely? Where did you take out the insurance if you don't mind me asking - my dealer is charging £700 for 4 years @ £15k.

Hi, I tried a couple of websites to make sure insurance wouldn't be astronomic before ordering and was pleasantly surprised, I think I was looking at less than £300, with a full no claims and a clean licence. This would seem to bear out BMW's claim that they have convinced the insurers that the construction method will make for relatively simple repairs. Also, with gap insurance in mind, if repair was difficult and likely to lead to a higher proportion of write-offs surely this would be reflected in the premium, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Back