Interior discussion

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeamerFan

It is pretty awesome that the BMW i3 will use:

"wood used in the dashboard for the BMW i3 will be made entirely of timber grown in Europe and certified as 100% sustainable by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)"

I checked out the FSC website and the organization looks pretty sweet:

http://www.fsc.org/

The only I was a bit confused on is the fact that a search for "BMW i3" or even just BMW produces no results. If I had a major corporation like BMW supporting and promoting my organization I think I would make it a little bigger news. Has anyone on the BMW i3 forum seen the FSC confirm this partnership?

I understand that BMW is probably getting the wood from a supplier who is certified but still you think it would be more noteworthy for all. Any tips on finding the suppliers name would be awesome as well.

In this thread we can discuss everything about the interior of the i3. What would you like to see? What kind of instrumentation? What materials should be used? Etc

Bimmerpost just posted pictures of and i3 during testing and captures the first shots of the interior. While much of it is still covered, you can see a good deal of detail:
i-s24Cnbc.jpg

Compared to the concept i3:
i3-15b.jpg

TomMoloughney said:
Bimmerpost just posted pictures of and i3 during testing and captures the first shots of the interior. While much of it is still covered, you can see a good deal of detail:
i-s24Cnbc.jpg

Compared to the concept i3:
i3-15b.jpg
WOW! even from the limited view the interior of BMW i3 looks awesome! Wonder what the full furnished car would look like!

It is great news if BMW i3 uses sustainable woods without harming the nature. every car company should follow BMW i3 in this case.

The interior of BMW i3 looks really impressive. Cant wait to see the real car. Thanks BMW i3 Forum for the pictures.

Hello guys!

Do you think the design of BMWi3 is sleeker? Way cooler, right?
Please, please agree!

Thank you :)

BMWbuff
Yes, I agree with you; it is sleek. The cuts look very clean and very much sophisticated. True to its name, this great BMW electric car epitomizes minimalism. By the way, I am new here, BMWbuff. Please help me learn too! Thank you so much

angel said:
It is great news if BMW i3 uses sustainable woods without harming the nature. every car company should follow BMW i3 in this case.

Yeah, 2013 BMWi3, as I have read, is very environmental friendly.

I think the BMW i3 is the most sleek car that the BMW has ever produced. The BMW i3 looks awesome both in the interior and the outside as well. I just love the model!

According to the pictures that have been released of the BMW i3, i also agree it is one of the best shapes and most sleek vehicles that BMW has produced. Nonetheless, the BMW i3 is not yet complete and we expect some changes and development to come in place. A good example there is a high possibility that the transparent doors would be replaced with opaque ones. But, don't you think this would change the appearance of the vehicle and make it not look very sleek?

Conrad,

Yes, the glass doors and glass roof will be replaced with carbon fiber panels. However the basic shape will remain unchanged. BMW's North American electric vehicle program manager told me the production i3 will be about 85% of what you see on the concept. So it's going to retain a lot of the concept styling.

Thank you Tom for the clarification. I think the carbon fiber panels are not as bad and the car would still look awesome. But don't you think BMW could use translucent glass instead of carbon fiber? I was just thinking this would still make the car look better.....

Conrad said:
Thank you Tom for the clarification. I think the carbon fiber panels are not as bad and the car would still look awesome. But don't you think BMW could use translucent glass instead of carbon fiber? I was just thinking this would still make the car look better.....

Well the crash testing probably wouldn't go too well with glass doors for one, and I also think people would also have issues with everybody seeing into the whole car as they drive by. I like to have a little privacy :)

I think BMW should make the glass door as option. Me on the other hand would prefer the glass door. According to bmw the car is like "shaped by winds", and the glass door give the look of wind, so for me it would feel like more connected. As for privacy- There are two bars running thru the side doors anyway that block some view, plus I keep my car clean inside- so I don't have garbage to hide. And if I wanted to get little naughty with someone- I would just do it at home, it's more comfortable :)

But with respect to other costumers I think BMW should make two versions. Options are good :)

YashuV said:
I think BMW should make the glass door as option. Me on the other hand would prefer the glass door. According to bmw the car is like "shaped by winds", and the glass door give the look of wind, so for me it would feel like more connected. As for privacy- There are two bars running thru the side doors anyway that block some view, plus I keep my car clean inside- so I don't have garbage to hide. And if I wanted to get little naughty with someone- I would just do it at home, it's more comfortable :)

But with respect to other costumers I think BMW should make two versions. Options are good :)

Yes, options are good but safety is paramount. There is no way BMW or anyone could get glass doors approved by NHTSA. The side impact tests would be devastating for the passengers.

Or you know what they could do in this case... Make the side door like what they did to the trunk in i3 Coupe. They put black glass covering on the existing material. I hope you will know what I mean. That way it would keep more of its concept look.

I see no glove box access. Is there a glove box and where? My wife needs to know this. :) j

Back