iRemote system down in NA?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodlandHills

I have not been able to connect with my car through iRemote since 12/2, I keep trying, but it will not update. I have closed the app and re booted it several times with no joy. Anyone else having troubles?

Originally I wanted to remotely initiate charging, but now I would settle for just an update, much less communication.

WoodlandHills said:
I have not been able to connect with my car through iRemote since 12/2, I keep trying, but it will not update. I have closed the app and re booted it several times with no joy. Anyone else having troubles?

Originally I wanted to remotely initiate charging, but now I would settle for just an update, much less communication.

It is working here in the mid-west, just got home and it updated immediately. I always check it when I get home to see the performance on the last trip. It was working on Friday too.

I just finished nearly 10 min on hold with the BMW "on-Star" rep. They had never heard of the iRemote app and kept trying to get me to input an 8 character password. Eventually after the long hold she told me that the BMW i3 genius office was closed on Sundays. Then like a miracle, it began to work again. I guess that is wonderful although, it does not inspire much confidence.....

WoodlandHills said:
I just finished nearly 10 min on hold with the BMW "on-Star" rep. They had never heard of the iRemote app and kept trying to get me to input an 8 character password. Eventually after the long hold she told me that the BMW i3 genius office was closed on Sundays. Then like a miracle, it began to work again. I guess that is wonderful although, it does not inspire much confidence.....

I apologize as my memory isn't what it used to be, but if I remember correctly in order to use the i remote app the first time you have to enter a password (8 characters). Just guessing but they probably did a reset somehow for you.

Back