Is this forum moderated? Why the spam?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodlandHills

Will the moderators please remove the recent spam....... And take the appropriate steps to prevent its reoccurrence? Since you are earning money off of our freely generated content, you should tend to your garden and pull up the weeds!

There isn't a way to report a topic as with many forums. You have to use contact us which is clumsy, Without an alert report button for each post, we can't expect administrators to read all posts looking for spam. I wrote the administrator asking them to add a report button

Ron

Yes, of course the forum is moderated :) However, that doesn't mean we are here 24/7 so when spam shows up it might be visible for a while.

Yes, there is a report button - you need to be logged in, and in the lower right of the post box is an exclamation mark (!) button. Click it to report the post.

WoodlandHills said:
And take the appropriate steps to prevent its reoccurrence?

We have extensive IP and blacklist checking before allowing a user signup - Looks to me like it was 1 user that posted 4 spam posts, if you're on any other forums you'll know that's actually a pretty good success rate.

If you had periodically monitored the View Active Topics occasionally the two obvious spam post would have leapt out to you as they did to me. I know you probably have a bunch of these forums as an income stream, but you really do need to peek in a little more often :)

WoodlandHills said:
If you had periodically monitored the View Active Topics occasionally the two obvious spam post would have leapt out to you as they did to me. I know you probably have a bunch of these forums as an income stream, but you really do need to peek in a little more often :)

Ive always found this forum tone extremely well moderated and thought the report process was obvious :evil:

Again the spam. Yes the report process is obvious, but I am already making money for the forum owner by providing content, should I also do his moderating job too?

"Hey! Why don't you care enough about us and our experience here to look in once in a while and clean up the place, or do you simply leave the forum unmoderated over the weekend?"

I'm not sure why you think by using this site and forum free of charge entitles you to demand we do certain things for you.

Perhaps if you would provide some financial assistance I'd be able to quit my day job and spend all my waking hours making sure I run this forum exactly how you want ;)

Back