LET'S BUILD THE CALIFORNIA WEST COAST ELECTRIC HIGHWAY

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony, in your original proposal at the beginning of this thread you said:
"1. Our highest priority recommendation is to develop a charging corridor from the Oregon border at the town of Yreka, then south on Interstate 5 (I-5) to Red Bluff, then State Highway 99 (CA-99) through the Central Valley to connect to I-5 again south of Bakersfield..."

For this complete section from Red Bluff to the beginning of the grapevine (not just the section south of Sacramento), if one were to drive all the way on 99 instead of I5 it would take much longer, depending on the traffic. Right now Google is predicting 6h. 2m. on I5, and 6h. 51m. on 99, a difference of 49 minutes. Quite compelling.

I don't know how many folks (not just EV drivers, but humans) travel from Lebec to Red Bluff, but here the data from Google about 5 minutes ago:

image_1.jpg

When is the 99 EVER without traffic? It is the single most congested and broken down North/South route in California. The pavement will hammer an i3 to pieces in short order if you were ever foolish enough to drive via that route. How will funneling a bunch of EV's that don't pay any road tax onto a broken up state highway make any positive difference in anyone's life there or anywhere else? What exactly is the mechanism that will put lots of EV's into the driveways of the Central Valley to use this "electric highway"?

http://insideevs.com/open-letter-eaa-comments-dc-fast-charger-installations-west-coast-electric-highway/

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1097347_electric-highway-now-covers-much-of-wa-or-will-ca-follow

The I5 green line highway should be a plumb-straight arrow north-to-south, with purple diversions to the 99 byway off to the right-hand side.

i3an said:
The I5 green line highway should be a plumb-straight arrow north-to-south, with purple diversions to the 99 byway off to the right-hand side.

The next revision will have that, and all the "stations".

TonyWilliams said:
WoodlandHills said:
Here are two reasons against the 99E route: there are no electric cars in the Central Valley and the folks who DO have EVs have no desire whatsoever to travel between north and south via Fresno and Bakersfield.

Other than seeking to expand your business, what qualifies you and your co-signers to speak for California EV owners? Have you or they been elected or appointed by anyone or any organization to agitate in "our" behalf or did you nominate each other?

I'm going to put you on my ignore list.

Why? Because he dared to disagree? There is no personal attack in what was written.

Back