Mega world audio features?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumbledotcom

The window sticker lists "Enhanced USB and Bluetooth wireless technology with Smartphone integration" as standard.

My i3 streams Bluetooth audio without a problem. I used it for songs loaded on my phone mainly. Though a couple of days ago, I inadvertently got the audio from a YouTube video that I'd been watching before I got in the car. No picture of course. I'm guessing Pandora would work but since I don't use it myself I can't say for certain.

Gonville said:

That link references BMW Apps, yet another multimedia function that's part of the Tech package on the i3. It works with a physical connection between an iPhone and the vehicle (USB cable or the snap-in adapter, not sure the latter is even an option in the i3). Then you can control, see and hear certain apps through the iDrive system. Overlapping functionality with the streaming Bluetooth function the OP asked about. I believe the differences are:

-Standard enhanced Bluetooth allows you to pipe audio from your smartphone, make calls and access contact info.

-BMW Apps adds ability to access specific apps such at Twitter that include text and other visual data.

When I drove the demonstrator I plugged in via USB and all the apps came up on the display. I posted from Facebook.

Later when I plugged into the F10 when I checked the fuel status on the remote app it said 67% charge. Ha. Not bad for a diesel. So there is some commonality of apps and connectivity across the types as it had retained some i3 data when plugged into the 535d.

So it does work just I do not know what the spec of the demonstrator was. It had absolutely nothing under the armrest except the USB port. No dock for the adaptor.

Back