My experience between 49 degree and 75 degree 90 mile trip

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was -20C (-4F) this morning in Montreal with my i3 parked outside all night and the preconditioning was on when I left. I kept the cabin temperature at 17C (63F) and the driver seat heater on, and was getting an electric range estimate of 90km (55miles). I drove 30km (18.6 miles) at speeds between 75-90 kph (46-55 mph) and arrives at 66% SOC (state of charge). So the range estimate was accurate. With about 90% of the gas tank full, the additional REX range is 68 km (42 miles).

Some may say this is disappointing. But if you know about the impact of very cold temperatures on the battery energy, on the additional air friction and heating load at such low temperatures, this is actually pretty good. But of course the key to maintaining a reasonable range is to keep the heating low and, as much as possible, drive more slowly.

Gridvantage said:
It was -20C (-4F) this morning in Montreal with my i3 parked outside all night and the preconditioning was on when I left. I kept the cabin temperature at 17C (63F) and the driver seat heater on, and was getting an electric range estimate of 90km (55miles). I drove 30km (18.6 miles) at speeds between 75-90 kph (46-55 mph) and arrives at 66% SOC (state of charge). So the range estimate was accurate. With about 90% of the gas tank full, the additional REX range is 68 km (42 miles).

Some may say this is disappointing. But if you know about the impact of very cold temperatures on the battery energy, on the additional air friction and heating load at such low temperatures, this is actually pretty good. But of course the key to maintaining a reasonable range is to keep the heating low and, as much as possible, drive more slowly.
The REx is not available with the heat pump.

google nexus 6 hülle

Back