My i3 REX doesn't have navigation!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I understand it, the smaller screen is standard (Business nav) verses the larger screen for Professional nav. For me, the professional nav has some significant benefits - the range display and (I think, not sure) the charging points are only available on the professional nav screen logic.

zsoltmag said:
@Sperillen

So if you order the car without nav, you will get the big or small display?
The small display without nav or 606
The large display with 609
I understand that US only have som worlds packages but in Europe we can order separately!
And again, the different countries in Europe have different standard fitted!

Sperillen said:
zsoltmag said:
@Sperillen

I understand that US only have som worlds packages but in Europe we can order separately!

Probably no display, or the smaller screen at best. The large screen is the professional navigation.

mindmachine said:
Sperillen said:
zsoltmag said:
@Sperillen

Probably no display, or the smaller screen at best. The large screen is the professional navigation.

I love the answers that start with "probably".

jadnashuanh said:
As I understand it, the smaller screen is standard (Business nav) verses the larger screen for Professional nav. For me, the professional nav has some significant benefits - the range display and (I think, not sure) the charging points are only available on the professional nav screen logic.

You can see charging points on business nav

UPDATE ON NAVIGATION ISSUE:

UPDATE 3:

A retrofit of the 606 Business Navigation has been tested and approved.

All of the affected vehicles missing this feature will be up-fitted. The VPC will install the equipment for all vehicles currently held at port. Retrofit for the remaining vehicles which have already left the VPC will be installed at the dealerships. A technical campaign will be issued. The parts availability will dictate the timeline of this campaign.

The BMW i Concierge will begin an outreach campaign to notify customers who have already taken delivery. Please reach out to your customers who have vehicles on order to notify them of the delay caused by the campaign. Keep in mind that affected vehicles include the i3 REX (14iB) ordered without the Technology + Driving Assistant Package (ZTD) produced from March through pw23.

We have begun the process to obtain parts supply for the campaign and will outline a process for your service departments. Updates will be released as more information develops on timing.

Thank you again for your patience and cooperation.

National Automotive Sales

UPDATE 2:

Confirmation of the next steps in a 606 retrofit solution will be made on June 3rd.

We appreciate their patience.

UPDATE:

We expect to know by Monday, June 2nd, the status of the retrofit for the missing Navigation Business system (option 606).

The affected vehicles include all i3 Rex vehicles without ZTD (Technology + Driving Assistant Package) produced between weeks 10 through 22 and half of Production Week 23.

Any vehicles that arrive at your dealership without Business Navigation can be retailed but it should be disclosed to the customer that BMW is actively working on a solution. The remaining affected vehicles will not be released until we have an update.

We appreciate your patience as we work towards a resolution.

The dealership called and said the parts will be available Late July. I'm very disappointed that we don't seem to have as high priority as the dealerships told us a few weeks ago. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Hi all,

Did anyone get the mentioned business navigation retrofit? Was it a software update only or did you have to go to the dealership? Have you had any issues with it?

Thanks!

Back