Navigation panel going Blank and Rebooting

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbodsworth

I have seen some reference to this in posts from over a year ago, but nothing about resolution.

I had a problem the other day when driving and the navigation system, and entertainment/radio would just stop and the system seemed to go through a reboot, after which it was working again. This happened about 4 times on the trot and during that all the profile data was retained.

Then finally it went blank a fifth time and came back with what looked like factory settings. The profiles had gone, and things like bluetooth phone connections were lost. I am now slowly putting stuff like destimations back. It is not life threatening but very annoying.

I cannot point to anything that would seem to have been a trigger for this, but I would like an explanation in case I can avoid the circumstances in future.

It hasn't happened again over the past few days

Vincent

yep, i'm getting this all the time, I thought it was when I was on a phone call, but this morning happened twice with no calls, no nav running just the radio on, going in for that and a squeeky steering wheel next week

I recently had the same thing. Did occur when iPhone connected via bluetooth and using navigation. System reset, saw start-ap flash screen, then everything resumed as before!? Did not affect driving. Did it ever happen again? Did you take it in?

I used to have this problem until the Nov 15 software upgrade. It seems to have disappeared since. I would recommend checking software version and contacting your BMW i dealer re upgrade.

Back