navigation wont display charging stations?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackt

You should be able to get stored POI variety charge points but at least in the UK you need to have pro nav to get Real-TIme Charge point and traffic data.

jackt said:
You should be able to get stored POI variety charge points but at least in the UK you need to have pro nav to get Real-TIme Charge point and traffic data.
Interesting, I took RTTI but not ProNav, I'll have to try and work out whether or not I have real time charge point info. In any event I've just had a play with the chargepoint searching (having so far just used individual providers web sites to navogated using postcodes) and it doesn't inspire confidence, mine is showing about 10 providers available for selection, including CYC, Ecotricity and Source London amongst others but having selected Ecotricity for example, it doesn't seem to find their charging statons.

If you have real-time charge points if you switch the POIs in the nav, you should get a green or red indicator on the POI to show whether its in-use/broken or available.

TBH, I haven't really used it - I just send the co-ords from plug-share/google maps, it has gotten me out of scrape in Central London where my preferred charge point was very rudely occupied by somebody else charging - how very dare they :p

I'm not sure that the car's sim card is activated until the car is sold. Now, if this is a true demonstrator, they probably have it turned on, or should.

The system probably is not set up for i3.

I have the larger nav system (professional?). When I picked up my car, the nav only show gas stations and won't display any charging location. My dealer had to request a new map/setting to be sent down to the car. It was fixed overnight.

I had this same problem right out of the gate. No one could figure it out and I was the first guy to have this problem at BMW Portland. They had to call Germany to see what the deal was. The problem, I was told, was that I was not correctly entered into the BMW database. There are 3 separate places that need your info or your cars' info, I don't remember. Only one was correctly entered. Once they had me correctly entered on all systems, I could finally see charging stations.

I hope this helps. Most likely, you'll have to take it back to the dealer and have them update everything.

Now if only my #&^* Android app worked :( .

Spock out.

RJSATLBA said:
jackt said:
Interesting, I took RTTI but not ProNav, I'll have to try and work out whether or not I have real time charge point info. In any event I've just had a play with the chargepoint searching (having so far just used individual providers web sites to navogated using postcodes) and it doesn't inspire confidence, mine is showing about 10 providers available for selection, including CYC, Ecotricity and Source London amongst others but having selected Ecotricity for example, it doesn't seem to find their charging statons.

How did you get the iDrive to display Ecotricity points? I've only ever found CYC and Chargemaster!

i3MK said:
RJSATLBA said:
jackt said:

How did you get the iDrive to display Ecotricity points? I've only ever found CYC and Chargemaster!
Good question, I can find how to set the selection options but getting them displayed or listed seems to be quite another challenge despite having the Display POIs option ticked!

Go to Nav. then Map, then left click to activate the menu options, select POIs but instead of selecting charging stations, select category search, then car, then charging stations and it brings up umpteen selection criteria, one of which is the provider and when you click on it, it lists around 10 providers.

Back