New order - Rex on its way.....

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paule23

Hello all

I'm very excited as I've just place an order for an i3 Suite, Rex in Orange. I know my excitement will wear off a little during the long wait I probably have, but I can't wait to get my hands on this exciting piece of kit. Beats a bog standard car for interest anyday.

I went for the Rex for the usual reasons of range anxiety. The vast majority of our journeys are way below 80 miles, however I've got 2 young kids and the time i forget to charge it would be the time I need to dash to hospital after one of them falls out of bed! Probably never happen, but you always look at the whatif. I've got it on. A lease deal through work and the extra cost for the Rex was less than £400 over 2 years so well worth it for piece of mind.

Congratulations, you won`t regret.
Have a REx too, for the same reasons.
It really happens that way. My brother fell from a ladder and broke an arm when my battery was nearly empty. Another time there was an unexpected road block because of an accident - long bypass, without the REx I would not have made it home.

Greetings from Germany, have fun
Frank

paule23 said:
... I know my excitement will wear off a little during the long wait I probably have, but I can't wait to get my hands on this exciting piece of kit...
I found that during the long wait, the excitement only gets worse, and the anticipation gets unbearable, and the impatience goes totally bonkers. :twisted:

i3Alan said:
paule23 said:
... I know my excitement will wear off a little during the long wait I probably have, but I can't wait to get my hands on this exciting piece of kit...
I found that during the long wait, the excitement only gets worse, and the anticipation gets unbearable, and the impatience goes totally bonkers. :twisted:

And even more so when you get bumped :ugeek:

I am literally waiting for the vehicle carrier to come to the port and dock tomorrow. My office happen to face that direction. I think I may bring a telescope tomorrow :mrgreen:

paule23 said:
Then when your car is at the dealers and all becomes weirdly calm.... :?

i3Alan said:
paule23 said:
+1.

Lots to read up on in the mean time...

What infrastrucutre is there around you and on trips you are likely to make regularly.
How to code the REX to hold charge so you don't go into limp mode (if you aren't in Europe).
What EVSE are you going to get, and what connectors.
Have you Stuck DC CCS charging on the options list?
Are you going for a vanity plate or just what you get?

Back