November software update-observations

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The range of my BEV has increased substantially due to this latest software update. I am absolutely delighted by the change. I noticed that my range really increases when switching from Comfort to Eco-Pro with a marginal difference happening when I switch from Eco-Pro to Eco. Besides the milage change my Regen is now much smoother. Much thanks to BMW for the change!

What most people have found is that after any software update to the car, it resets the history of your driving style, and as a result, the estimated range value increases. Pretty much everyone finds that it goes back to close to the value it was before. But, overall, the estimate tends to be more accurate more of the time. Considering the variables in driving conditions and route, relying on the estimated range is really misguided unless you are sure your driving conditions are identical to the last 18-miles or so of your driving.

Back