odometer shows 14 K km whereas ConnectedDrive shows 11.3 K

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocRush

Hi,

I have a minor confusion about our i3's total road distance that we had travelled over so far (in fully 15 months).

According to the odometer it has reached 14.000 km whereas our ConnectedDrive screen indicates that barely 11.300 km.
There is a huge difference :?

I wonder if this is an expected result which might be closely related to our i3's usual nest's geographic position ;) [ PS: We almost always parked our baby under 4 meters of surface (namely, our condo's underground garage) at the end of each day. ]

Is it possible that you have a REX and your ConnectedDrive is showing you the all electric-only miles, meaning you have traveled 2.7 km with the REX?

Look at the time/date of the last update in the app...while not super common, sometimes the telemetrics unit in the car gets caught in a loop and does not update the server. Fuse 115 momentarily removed will reset it. Do this with the car off and not plugged into an EVSE. If that is the issue, assuming you have cellular coverage where the car is parked, it should update in the next 5-10 minutes.

Back