Optical dents in door panels

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jadnashuanh said:
A good polish with a random orbital device can work wonders with almost any paintjob.

I am sure that it will, but should that be necessary on a $55k car? It is not too much of a surprise to see that Fords and Gms have crummy paint, but just what are we getting when we step up to a pricy German brand? Evidentially it is not better quality paint!
At one time Detroit was able to sell even entry level vehicles with a smooth paint job. But those days are just a memory now...... It looks like the higher end Germans have lost the secret too.

Except maybe on something like a Rolls or Bently, few cars get hand polished at the factory...it can make a world of difference. WIth the right tools, it doesn't really take much time, either. It is all subjective. Some will never notice unless maybe if their car sits next to one that has had that loving extra touch.

Or perhaps the other manufacturers could actually spray a smooth coat of paint in the first place. All replacing the human painters with robots got us was unemployed workers and crappy paint that needs to have its clear coat buffed out to look half decent. At the buyers expense, of course ;)

Back