Phone app is always out of date by a few hours

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marki3

Just wondering if this a problem local to Utah or nationwide. My phone app does work but the updates are always a couple hours behind real time and as such are mostly of no use since the charge levels have changed in the interim. The first couple days they worked in real time and are now constantly behind.

Any ideas about how this is meant to work?

Otherwise, 600 miles and loving the car. Quick, quiet, great stereo, good IT and just a great place to commute. Range is good so far... over 80 miles in comfort mode with AC on.

Marki3 said:
Just wondering if this a problem local to Utah or nationwide. My phone app does work but the updates are always a couple hours behind real time and as such are mostly of no use since the charge levels have changed in the interim. The first couple days they worked in real time and are now constantly behind.
I'm having similar problems. Sometimes mine won't update for more than a day. During these update outages of sorts, if I try to go to BMW online in the car, it says it can't connect to the cellular network. Other people have experienced the same thing. Next step for me is to call the iConcierge. Will provide an update afterwards.

I have seen the same thing. The cell service at my home can be hit and miss but going out and about doesn't seem to improve things. Oddly enough real time traffic seems to be working despite the cell service connection being weak/intermittent. If I try to send info to the car via the app it seems to go through eventually but then if I send a destination via Google maps it goes through rapidly. Weird?

Mine has faltered only once--for several hours, so I signed off and back in again and then it updated immediately. (And BTW, I couldn't get the pathetic horn to blow either while it was out of touch).

I'm not sure if it is BMW server or network issue, but mine works 99% of the time. I will note that I am right on the Hudson, opposite downtown Albany where there are huge network trunks, etc. for fast internet service.

Back