Potential new i3 owner (lessee)

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfs

Hello all,

Turning in a lease end Ford C-Max Energi, and looking at the i3 with Range Extender as a replacement.

In the Pacific NW, it appears that all dealers have substantial 2015 inventory, and the i3's seem pretty scarce on the streets around Seattle.

Considering the Giga world, probably with the Tech and Parking package. The HK sound probably would probably be wasted on my old ears. Comments on the HK option are welcome.

I see the $309 per mo. 2 year lease deal with charging station and a $4700 drive-away cost. Assume that lease price is on a car without Giga and the packages, and wonder what the real per mo. lease price would be with them. i3 qualifies for the 0% sales tax in WA which helps.

Considering what appears to be a glut of the cars in dealer inventories, and the end of model year, is it reasonable to expect a dealer to discount the car enough to cover the initial drive-away costs, or maybe even more?

Thanks for the help!

DFS

Couple things. You will pay sales tax, they decided down in Olympia that people who can afford a car over $35k can afford to pay sales tax. Was supposed to be $55k to hit Tesla owners but dropped it to $35K, so now even the KIA soul has to be discounted by the dealer to $35k to avoid sales tax. Oh, and the sales tax is not on the difference, once you hit $35k, you pay all of the sales tax.

Bellevue has a great number of these in stock. They will give you a deal.

Getting the TERA world was the best decision I made. The white in the Giga World can be very distracting in bright light. Make sure you sit in both the TERA and the Giga World.

I am not an audiophile but the standard four speaker system was unimpressive. I got the HK and have no regrets. My last car had standard audio and I regretted that decision for the three years I owned it.

I am at 1400 miles and still loving the car BTW. No problems.

Back