Pre-Ordered my i3 at South Motors BMW in Miami

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I pre-ordered my BMW i3 Electric (no extender) at south motors BMW in Miami on Thursday (12/12). I put $1K deposit down. There was no order guide, so my contract was generic. Once there is an order guide, I will be able to select colors & other options.

I did test drive the i3 as well. I absolutely loved the way it drove. The car I drove had the 20 inch wheels and was a pure electric model. Acceleration was linear and smooth. I didn't hear the motor whine at all. Turning radius was great and car felt solid. I sat in the back set after the test drive and it was roomy. 4 adults can comfortably sit in this car. I will post pics later once I have them hosted on a public site.

I was told that deliveries in the US will start in April timeframe. Cant wait.

Nice, another member of the US 'deposit-placed' club!

I wish there was one here that I could test drive. Hopefully one of the Orange LA i3's will make its way to St. Louis soon. :cool:

Yesterday, my dealer (here in VA) showed me the ordering system - all of the options/Worlds/colors are now showing in the system but no pricing for everything, just the base MSRP. He confirmed March production for the first allocation(s).

Mike74jcw said:
Yesterday, my dealer (here in VA) showed me the ordering system - all of the options/Worlds/colors are now showing in the system but no pricing for everything, just the base MSRP. He confirmed March production for the first allocation(s).

Maybe BMW will consider prioritising initial US orders but, just as a guide, anyone ordering at the moment in the UK is being advised that delivery will be September so March/April would be a big difference.

A friend of mine took a test drive yesterday morning, he was just interested in experiencing the car but him and his wife were thoroughly impressed and are now looking to order one. The only thing he was disappointed with was being told that it would be a 10 month wait.

Back