Pressing Start/Stop While Driving

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jackt said:
Its stops, just like a ICE. Also if you pull the parking break at low speed <3mph it will engage and its pretty jolting :p
So it drops into Neutral then and coasts right? Press Start/Stop again then shift to D to continue I presume? Thanks

weird ideas... i tried the electric parking button on my X6 at 80km/H.... just heard an boing from the GPS, red light, short breaking and it auto released it after half a second

don't want to try the on/off button

Near Darwin award coming up...

I knew a project manager who wondered what happened if you turned of the engine and remove the keys in an ICE car. You slow quite rapidly, but... the power steering goes heavy, the steering lock becomes enabled and as you approach a corner you panic and crash off the road. Thankfully he lived to tell the tale and noone else needs to suffer the same fate of curiosuty killed the cat.

I'd stop wondering what that STOP buton does and focus on what is happening on the road in front. Or do you have the Driver assist and found it's so good you have an idle mind.

In that case I can suggest angry birds star wars is a much safer pastime while driving than pressing the STOP button ;-)

nowtta60 said:
Near Darwin award coming up...

I knew a project manager who wondered what happened if you turned of the engine and remove the keys in an ICE car. You slow quite rapidly, but... the power steering goes heavy, the steering lock becomes enabled and as you approach a corner you panic and crash off the road. Thankfully he lived to tell the tale and noone else needs to suffer the same fate of curiosuty killed the cat.

I'd stop wondering what that STOP buton does and focus on what is happening on the road in front. Or do you have the Driver assist and found it's so good you have an idle mind.

In that case I can suggest angry birds star wars is a much safer pastime while driving than pressing the STOP button ;-)
Feel better now getting that of your chest?

Back