Radio 2 DJ i3 review

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecoangel

May have been posted before but demonstrates Range Extended EV confusion among less technically minded?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-2596024/Chris-Evans-reviews-BMW-i3-The-BMW-13-killer-looks-shes-just-bags-trouble-shes-worth.html

Chris Evans is a real car nut..........emphasis on the "nut" part all to often.

He really did not understand the workings and reasons for the i3..........but no worries I am sure he will love the i8 :lol:

no am radio due to electric car: note: VOLT has a good am radio:
leaf has the am radio: satellite said they have a cure

dlass0123 said:
no am radio due to electric car: note: VOLT has a good am radio:
leaf has the am radio: satellite said they have a cure
The i3 DOES have an AM radio, but it is disabled in the software (and can be coded back in). The Leaf and Volt both have a nice steel roof that makes a great ground plane for the AM antenna, providing some shielding from the motor/controller electronics. Carbon fiber reinforced plastic doesn't work so well for that.

too bad: I asked BMW headquarters and BMW Los Angeles dealer and both said no am radio due to electric car. They are not informed: really bad news. And the articles on the internet say
no AM radio. They said reception would be bad: I drove the Mercedes all electric and the am radio was perfect, quite a beautiful car and ride: Hard to sell Might?? go 84 miles only: but a real beauty

Back