remote app and connecteddrive

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gte355u124

Anybody have good experiences with these? I've downloaded the app and it seems all my remote control services are deactivated, yet on the connecteddrive site it says I am subscribed to them. The app looks cool, any solid features people really love?

Also, on the connected drive website looks really plain. I don't see any ways of communicating with the vehicle through it, it just has a picture of my car and that's it.

After having a couple weeks to review this app, here are some impressions:

1. The climate control is a nice feature, but I'm unsure about the details around it in terms of how long it stays on before you enter the car. One time I turned it on and didn't get in the car until 20 minutes, and it was still running and the car was like a fridge. Plus, you worry about battery usage.

2. The route to destination never works

3. While the lock/climatecontrol/lights, etc are nice, the service is "intermittent". Many times I receive and server error issue.

Overall, this app is more of a novelty than actual useful piece of equipment. There should really be a climate control start button on the key...more similar to the "remote start" feature on gas vehicles.

My experiences with the app are pretty hit and miss.

1. Connectivity issues: When I'm sending a pre-conditioning request or other commands to the car, getting a "xxxx has failed" response happens on a frequent, probably 1 out of 3 times basis.

2. Charging time mismatch: The time when charging will be finished is different between what is displayed in the vehicle to what is displayed on the app. Always.

3. Max distance driven.: This never updates. I've gone 95 to 100 miles on a charge with my Rex (w/out using the range extender.) The app still only says I've gone 80.2 miles as my max distance.

4. Preconditioning missing feature. You should be able to tell it what temperature to set too. If you last drove the car, and shut the AC part of the climate control off, it won't turn the AC back on, just the fan. Preconditioning the vehicle interior isn't much use in the summer time if it was 75 last night, now its 90 and the AC doesn't come on.

Its a nice first try, but the app still has some big problems in my opinion.

I like the app but for different reasons.

1) It has a 'dude where is my car' feature.
2) I like that it tells me the charging status.
3) I like that I can send an address to my car rather than trying to twist in an address
4) The carbon / co2 nonsense is useless.

Back