REX and Green decals application

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my decals last week and mailed in application only 4 weeks ago. Perhaps I just timed it right.

"As of February 26th, 2015, the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has issued the 60,537 Green Clean Air Vehicle decals. Assembly Bill 2013, effective January 1, 2015, authorized DMV to issue 15,000 additional green decals, for a new maximum of 70,000."

I got my decals the same day I got the car. As we were signing the paperwork, even before we got to the finance manager, she showed us the decals. I guess the dealer registered ahead of time.

If the dealer registered your car a few weeks before you bought it, which he would have had to do in order to have recieved the green stickers, doesn't that make you the second owner? I leased a registered and plated i3 from a dealers long term test fleet and got a discount since it was a "used car" and was pre-owned by the dealership.

I guess technically I would be the second owner but there were no plates. I just looked it up and California has/had a program where the dealer can pre-register the vehicle so they can get the stickers way before they even sell the car.

https://transportevolved.com/2014/03/18/california-dmv-ends-dealer-pre-registration-green-plug-hov-lane-decals/

Sent my appl in on March 3rd. In early April I saw this thread and check my registration, MP was shown as G!
Took a ride to my dealer and ask the question, Wasn't my I3 "Born Electric" ? Showed them my registration and asked why the (G) gas as motive power? They copied my reg. and assured me they could fix it and I'd get my Green stickers.
It's been just over two weeks now and in the mail today Green Ca clean air veh stickers!

Stickers issued date 4/10/2015, #67503 and the paper work shows Q as motive power and type of veh as eATPZEF.

All in all, a happy ending and easy fix. Or it was good timing that I saw this thread when I did... Thank you.

---Bill.

Good news for those that would like Green Decals on their REX vehicles: The CA State site is reflecting the new 85,000 cap.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm

sc68z28 said:
Sent my appl in on March 3rd. In early April I saw this thread and check my registration, MP was shown as G!
Took a ride to my dealer and ask the question, Wasn't my I3 "Born Electric" ? Showed them my registration and asked why the (G) gas as motive power? They copied my reg. and assured me they could fix it and I'd get my Green stickers.
It's been just over two weeks now and in the mail today Green Ca clean air veh stickers!

Stickers issued date 4/10/2015, #67503 and the paper work shows Q as motive power and type of veh as eATPZEF.

All in all, a happy ending and easy fix. Or it was good timing that I saw this thread when I did... Thank you.

---Bill.

Latest posts

Back