Satisfaction Ratings for your i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ATXMARC said:
Hi again,
Guess i meant updated state of charge, have been away for a week, left unplugged with 72% charge. App hasn't updated since i left...by design per other posts in the forum...sure would be nice to know what's going on right now.

If you send a command (headlights flash or lock/unlock) the app will update itself

Happy New Year!
Tried all of that, app acts like it's updating but no updated info appears. Also tried deleting and reinstalling app a few times. Definitely a first world problem but annoying nevertheless. Car rating 9.5, app must have been lifted from fisker

JTM said:
I will certainly have to manage some high expectations, but reassuring to hear everyone so satisfied with their i3 range issues excepted.
You, like me, live in a warm climate, so you will likely not have many range surprises. Almost always allowing my i3 to accelerate and decelerate on its own in Eco Pro + with ACC on and rarely driving faster than 55 mph, I have averaged 5.5 mi/kWh for a true 100-mile range. I'm a happy camper.

ATXMARC said:
Happy New Year!
Tried all of that, app acts like it's updating but no updated info appears. Also tried deleting and reinstalling app a few times. Definitely a first world problem but annoying nevertheless. Car rating 9.5, app must have been lifted from fisker

The situation you describe seems to result from how the i3 communicates with the network rather than an issue with the app. I believe the car goes into an energy-saving mode when it’s parked and not charging. I’ve found that if I’m parked on the street, the app reliably reads the vehicle location and sends commands such as precondition. In my underground garage, where my phone has no service, the same communications fail most of the time when the car is unplugged. However if it’s plugged in, I can reliably monitor the state of charge and send commands even underground. To me it’s logical. Why waste power pinging the network with status updates if the vehicle is just parked?

Based on my own experience, the system works. I left my i3 with about 75% charge unplugged before heading to Europe. When I returned two weeks later, it still showed about 75% charge.

Hey there,
Glad you're happy with the app and network. For me though it's light years behind where it should be and approaches useless. Really hoping an update is in the works.

9.5 out of 10 for me.. only cos the only way to see if it's charged is the app or unlocking.. The leaf has 3 handy charge lamps on the front of the dash.

Inearly 10000 mikes in 6 months and I look forward to every trip in the i3... sometimes I just go for a spin just because I love driving it.... actually... now I think 10 out if 10....

Back