Setting the departure time

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunter

I'm having trouble setting the departure time on my BEV i3. All three departure time slots are greyed out and the sub-menu is blue so doesn't function. Could it require a connection to the mothership for this (that would seem a bit unnecessary). I'm trying to set it up in my garage where there is no signal.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Bill

EDIT 18/03/14 - Figured it out, I was mentally skipping over the --:-- between the departure lines which is where you enter the time! D'OH

I set it up in car not on iphone and it worked but pre heating took charge from battery not mains

ecoangel said:
I set it up in car not on iphone and it worked but pre heating took charge from battery not mains

I think it was Tom who explained this (which had puzzled me as well). It preheats from the battery and then refills from the mains - or something. And oscillates between heating and refilling. Very weird strategy if you ask me. Means you might luck out and get both a full battery and a warm car. Or not. Depending on which point during the oscillation you catch it.

Back