Snow?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
klineco said:
My first post on the forum. I live 9 miles into the foothills west of Boulder, CO and have just under 1000 miles on our 2014 i3 REX. I've driven it in very snowy and icy conditions a handful of times now on the very steep and winding road - both paved and gravel - which leads to our home. We have the standard 19" wheels and tires and the vehicle handles amazingly. I definitely put it in EcoPro mode both to conserve battery and reduce power and am careful on the steepest, slipperiest uphills to apply power slowly. Going downhill in slippery conditions I prefer the i3 to my 4-wheel drive SUV as the "braking" of the i3 is more gentle and leads to much better traction.

After some of the things I had read, I was terrified of how the car would handle in snow/ice. I got caught about 30 miles from home and a couple of inches fell before I even realized.
However, having done my reading beforehand I put it in EcoPro and there were absolutely no issues.

Honestly, my only concern was the folks in vehicles that thought they could still do 55-60 in a 35 zone (and zoom around you to pass when you were maintaining the speed limit).

Elkjaer said:
This is how you can disable traction control (AND ABS ALONG WITH AUTO-BRAKE!!):
1. Locate the button on the left side of the speedo-display (the button that normally reset the trip counter)
2. ...
Does this reset the trip computer? I'm anxious to get into this menu for this and and to check some other settings but I don't want to reset my stats until I bring it in for a software update.

brorob said:
Does this reset the trip computer?

No, the display will show "0000" when you initially press the button but revert back to the stored value after a short while. Just remember to keep the button pressed until the service menu pops up. It will feel like forever, but just keep waiting.

Back