Southern California - meet up

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yiiikes

Lets meet up at the National Drive Electric Week in Huntington Beach. We have 12 BMW i3's registered so far at the event. There will be a special parking section blocked out for all i3's. Register early for the FREE parking!

We can do an i3 parade down Main Street after event at 4:30 pm, lots of sidewalk restaurants and people, it will be a blast!. Event website: National Drive Electric Week Huntington Beach

facebook meetup

See you there!

Darren

I'm in but I may have to take my car on a trailer.

Huntington Beach is about 80 miles away from my house right at a the limit of my range. I was planning on heading out by using the rapid chargers in Irvine. But after trying both rapid chargers, they don't work. Even with a tech trying to update the machines and we could not get it to work.

Will there be any charging possible at the event?

Or has anyone tried the rapid chargers in Irvine this week to see if they got them working on the I3's yet?

There are 10 J1772 chargers within 2 miles of the event. Difficulty is we are forecasting 500 EVs so it will be challenging. You can definitely use the charger at my place 2 miles from the event, 2.5 hours to charge my i3, you can hang out on Main street or at the beach or something while it charges.

I don't know anything about the CCS chargers in the area.

Darren

M2140 said:
Or has anyone tried the rapid chargers in Irvine this week to see if they got them working on the I3's yet?
I used the Irvine DCFC on Quail Ridge Pkwy on Tue & Wed without any problem ..

The meet up at Plug In To Excitement! is only 9 days away. We will have an i3 only parade through downtown after the event, it will be spectacular. Please join us!

Register here

See you in 9 days

Back