Spectra PhotoSync or 3M Crystaline for tint?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ocraig1

Has anyone tried Spectra PhotoSync for tint? From reading, it sounds like the i3 is difficult not matter what material you use and I'm torn between the 3M Crystaline or the Spectra PhotoSync. From what I can tell, the 3M has great heat reduction but the PhotoSync is almost like transition sunglasses in that it darkens in the bright sun and is clear at night (which I really need since I have trouble seeing clearly at night).

Depending on where you have the tint installed, and where you live, there may be limits on how dark things can get. The major component that heats the car is IR, and the 3M product is good at that and is probably the best in the industry on UV which damages your interior.

I am probably going for the 3M stuff but does anyone know if any of the i3 windows have any reduction on them at all from the factory, I mean I'm sure they have some UR/IR protection but are they really completely clear glass no light reduction at all?

Back