Speedo Display and Departure Time

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASUN

Hello,

I decided to give the departure time option a try.

Once it's enabled and the car is plugged in, I realized that the speedo will show the "next departure time" instead of the "time when it reaches full charge".

Is there a way to choose what the speedo will show in this scenario? I tried to press the BC button, or the scroll buttons on the steering wheel to no avail.

Thanks.

I don't believe you can change the in-car display. With the app (I can only vouch for Android version), you can toggle between next departure time and when the car will be charged on the 'Status" page.

Preconditioning the batteries takes a fair amount of power, and charging the batteries warms them some, too. TO save overall energy, I would not be surprised if the car waits awhile to recharge so it won't need as much power to rewarm them after the initial charging did, and that being essentially 'thrown away' in between those two times. I have not specifically checked this, but is the more logical thing to do - charge and warm them serially so it is ready for when you said you wished to depart rather than two separate actions.

Back