Squealing power window

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alohart

The passenger power window has begun squealing when opening or closing the window. Lubricating the visible window track with silicone grease didn't help, so the source of the squealing is likely inside the door. If you have been able to solve this problem, please tell me how you did it.

I tried to attach a mp4 sound file of the squealing window in my original post but it would not play. Instead, I've attached a short video of the squealing window.

Attachments

• IMG_1130.MOV
    2.1 MB
I tried to attach a mp4 sound file of the squealing window in my original post but it would not play. Instead, I've attached a short video of the squealing window.
Maybe not a long term fix but when my window started doing this I took a can of wd40 with a long spray nozzle and sprayed it between the window rubber and the window inside and out at various intervals. It's a tight fit but with some care and a piece of thin flexible metal possible to get the nozzle in without damaging the seals. Window will require some cleaning after a few uses as it will have some wd40 residue on it. Will probably need the door card taken off and greased properly in the near future.

Last edited:
Back