Turn off preconditioning with iRemote app

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gridvantage

I live in Quebec, and Precondition now is one of the most used remote app feature during the winter time. However, if I change my mind in the subsequent minutes, I would like the ability to turn it off remotely instead of letting it time out and burn electricity unnecessarily. So while pre conditioning, the button should change to 'stop preconditioning' in the remote app.

Gridvantage said:
I live in Quebec, and Precondition now is one of the most used remote app feature during the winter time. However, if I change my mind in the subsequent minutes, I would like the ability to turn it off remotely instead of letting it time out and burn electricity unnecessarily. So while pre conditioning, the button should change to 'stop preconditioning' in the remote app.
You can fairly easily go in and uncheck the box of the preconditioning (departure) time, but not on the preconditioning only, which may be what you're talking about. The only way I know of to do that is to go into the car and start it, then shut it off.

Back