Type 2 Plug - Rubber Cap / Cover

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdi

Hi. Does anyone know where I can get hold of an extra rubber cover to go over the Type 2 plug?

Today I had a 32A Rolec unit installed at home. It has the tethered cable which I thought would be more convenient. When the cable is plugged in to the holdter on the wall unit the plug sticks out too much and obstructs our side gate, so I think it would be better to leave it coiled around the unit with a plastic cap on (same as the one on the 13A supplied charge cable).

All I can find online are the wall holders which are not quite what I was looking for, and a bit expensive too.

Appreciate any suggestions, or maybe some other kind of cover that fits the plug.

Thanks.

PS - I am in the UK.

I had the same concern. I ended up not wanting the Rolec outside anyway for a variety of reasons but I couldn't see how having the cable plugged into the front of the unit was going to work. It would have just been in the way.

I ended up buying a spare socket (same as the one mounted on the front of the Rolec unit) and attaching it to the garage frame suitably angled downward so the plug and cable lock up into it and as a result are almost flat against the wall rather than sticking out horizontally.

Socket cost me about £20 on eBay. What I didn't try was removing the one off the front of the Rolec. Not sure what's behind it and whether it would be weatherproof with it missing.

Never seen a replacement for the L1 rubber cover sorry.

Try calling https://evconnectors.com/ - they make their own cables and so may have ones in stock that they can sell you.

Back