UK 13 amp cable for i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunter

Hi all

I picked up my i3 today and would like to have a spare standard charging cable so I can carry one in the car and have leave one at home. The rub is that a replacement from BMW is approx. £350. Can anyone point me to an alternative to use which is cheaper?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bill
Born Electric 15.03.14

BMW's prices for the 13A EVSE and the type-2 to type-2 cable seem to be well below the prices charged by anyone else (very surprisingly). I doubt you will do better except on the 2nd hand market.

BrianStanier said:
BMW's prices for the 13A EVSE and the type-2 to type-2 cable seem to be well below the prices charged by anyone else (very surprisingly). I doubt you will do better except on the 2nd hand market.

I can't find any 3rd party offering a 13A EVSA, would you mind sharing where you saw one?

THanks in advance

The Nissan EVSE for the Leaf is around £500, although the Ampera/Volt is around £275. (These have the J1772 plug rather than the the type-2 needed for the i3). Clipper Creek (USA) is around £600 in the states.

BrianStanier said:
The Nissan EVSE for the Leaf is around £500, although the Ampera/Volt is around £275. (These have the J1772 plug rather than the the type-2 needed for the i3). Clipper Creek (USA) is around £600 in the states.

Thanks Brian.

Bill

Back