UK 2014 Rex CEL

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrDarcy

Hello everyone,

I picked up a used 2014 Rex a few days ago and have been enjoying it massively up until this afternoon when a CEL appeared on the dash. I plan to give my local BMW dealer a call tomorrow regarding this but was wondering if any forum members with a UK spec. vehicle have had the same issues as the USA owners have had? Namely the light appearing without any valid reason and just requiring a software update.

Note : The vehicle status is indicated as being "Good" in the idrive menu.

Thanks for that Mike.

Update 15/02/2016 , 80 miles into a journey between Edinburgh and Aberdeen i got a drivetrain warning message to go along with the CEL (I was in Rex mode for more or less the entire journey)

Car was dropped into John Clark Aberdeen and have subsequently been told that the car needs a couple of extensive runs to drive out the moisture and failing that a new starter motor.

I've had my Rex for 18 months and get the drivetrain warning only when the Rex is in use. It worried us at first, but now we ignore it! It is not common, and the garage has had the car in several times to "fix" the problem (which has always disappeared by the time the car gets to them). :roll:
At last, they have decided (or Munich has!) that the generator needs changing because of "condensation present at manufacture". It's going in next week to have it done.

Hopefully the dealer will clear the moisture after the "drying out runs" do a reset / clear the fault codes and that will be the end of it. I don't want this to be a yo-yo thing with me going back every time I do an high REX milage.

Back