UK Lease

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie94bc

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the lease mileage after you've got the car?

For example if I chose 8,000 and soon after got a new job, longer commute that totalled 12,000 a year is it possible to change (avoiding the excess mileage cost)?

There is normally an excess milage charge, I seem to remember it was about £550 per additional 1,000 miles on the 8,000ml lease (should give the excess milage pence per mile number on the lease illustrations).

Compare quotes on high v low milage and excess charges to see which works out best.

Essentially the difference between 8 and 10k is £10 a month. Excess charge is around 7p per mile when you add VAT. Other the 3 1/2 years that'd be £420 if you stated 10k from the beginning or £490 for the excess mileage charge.

My commute mileage is around 7k a year (6 days a week, 23 miles in total). My problem is that it's likely that I'll move offices soon and it could be closer or further away!

Back