UK Rapid Chargers

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FrancisJeffries said:
Quite so. I can't see that stopping every 70-80 miles for a quick top-up is anything like as bad as:
(1) having a spare car for long journeys only (needs taxing, servicing, parking, etc.);
(2) hiring a car for long journeys (needs organisation, collection, and return. And costs!);
(3) using BMW's hire system, which is expensive. (ditto)

Hello FrancisJeffires,

I agree with you.

I have driven 1000 km in 2 days.
Had to stop every 100miles and I found it relaxing rather than stuck in the car for 2 hours before taking a break.

Rex is a such a lovely car to drive.

regards,
ken

Good news about the CCS rapids in Northern Ireland. I have just read this on the e-car Facebookppage "ecar will be upgrading 5 rapid charge points on Monday 16th and Tuesday the 17th of June. The charge points affected will be out of order intermittently on both days. The 5 charge points are;
RC01 - Donnelly Garage, Moy Road Dungannon,
RC02 - Jamsies garage, Maghera, Glenshane,
RC08 - Halfway Road, A1, Banbridge,
RC11 - Maxol Service Station, Glendermott Road Waterside, Londonderry, and
RC13 - Shane Retail Park Boucher Road Belfast.
These charge points will all be upgraded to 'Triple Combo' chargers, which will allow vehicles such as Renault Zoe and BMWi3 to rapid charge."

More good news.

Just had a chat with Ecotricity because I'm having PVs installed this week and was minded to register with them for FIT and move my electricity to them when my current contract expires in a couple of months time but was a bit concerned that their web site has been saying 'rollout of CCS over next 12 months' since Jan but nothing seemed to have happened so thought it might not be happening. Apparently they now have around 10 installed, 17 by end of next week, testing isn't quite finished but they have tested with an i3 and they are in the process of amending the map on their website to show CCS chargers separately.

The five Northern Ireland e-car rapids I mentioned above have been upgraded to 'triple combo' chargers. Just in time for the arrival of my i3 tomorrow!

Back