UK

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunkster

Hi,

I ordered a BEV at the end of December and wait impatiently for the summer to arrive and my anticipated delivery sometime in July. As an owner and director of my own small business I have been taking an interest in the advantages or otherwise of buying my i3 through the limited company.
I'm not particularly good, nor have the patience to read through HMRC publications, so have been lacking clarity on the subject.
I was planning to wait until my accountant brought his usual cheery prognosis of our faltering finances to broach the subject. However, as seems to be increasing the obsessive norm for me of hoovering up any morsel of information about the i3 available, I came across the link below which seems to spell out the benefits to purchasing an EV through a limited company.

http://www.myersclark.co.uk/sites/www.myersclark.co.uk/files/tax%20benefit%20of%20an%20electric%20car.pdf

Anyone else been looking at a similar method of purchase?

Dunkster

Dunkster said:
Hi,

I ordered a BEV at the end of December and wait impatiently for the summer to arrive and my anticipated delivery sometime in July. As an owner and director of my own small business I have been taking an interest in the advantages or otherwise of buying my i3 through the limited company.
I'm not particularly good, nor have the patience to read through HMRC publications, so have been lacking clarity on the subject.
I was planning to wait until my accountant brought his usual cheery prognosis of our faltering finances to broach the subject. However, as seems to be increasing the obsessive norm for me of hoovering up any morsel of information about the i3 available, I came across the link below which seems to spell out the benefits to purchasing an EV through a limited company.

http://www.myersclark.co.uk/sites/www.myersclark.co.uk/files/tax%20benefit%20of%20an%20electric%20car.pdf

Anyone else been looking at a similar method of purchase?

Dunkster

Hello Dunkster,

Thats a excellent article.
I am buying it through my company as well.

regards,
ken

Back