Update on the US "launch"

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disturbed932

So I've been emailing and calling dealers in my local area (Northeast US) about dealer allocation for the i3 and have concluded a few things:

- BMW limited dealer stock orders to 4 colors (the metallic ones)
- They were also limited to base BEV Mega world cars with just heated seats as an option
- REX models at least in my area are GIGA world ONLY with all other options beside the 20" summer tires.
- TERA world models cannot be ordered for dealer stock at this time.
- For the dealers in my region, they were limited to 1 BEV and 2 REX models
- The majority of the several dealers I contacted said they still haven't had their charging stations or "i" marketing, showroom, etc. stuff installed.

Not the same here in Ohio, my dealer has 2 Tera models on order, his (owner) and mine ordered 4 weeks ago with a week 24 build date.

My dealer here in VA is getting about 5 pre-optioned i3 to start - combination of BEV and REx with Mega or Giga, no Tera. All of them are Andesite Silver (nice, but not my color choice). i am the first of 11 custom orders but none of us have build dates yet :(.

I am in NJ and I have a Tera Rex on order, customized (so not full options), to be build May 22nd or so.

Back