Warning Triangle, First Aid Kit and Tool Kit included?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizi3

Last month I took delivery on a i3 REx Laurel Gray Mega World. I've been reading articles that the Warning Triangle, First Aid Kit and Tool Kit came standard with the i3. I have not received it with my car. Wondering if it was only on certain European vs US models? My car is a US model and these were not included. Did anyone receive these items with their i3?

I got the same car you did, the one that looks like the one at the top of the webpage. Mine came with a nice bag in the frunk with the cool little air compressor, tire sealant, gloves, and I think a few little things but no Triangle or FAK. And the home 120 volt charger was in the bag too.

Not included in the US. Those emergency items are required in some markets not others. Any articles that mention them originate from other countries.

Once upon a time import brands routinely included such equipment in US cars. I was much impressed by the toolkit integrated into the underside of the E12 trunk lid. However cost-cutting put an end to that practice years if not decades ago.

There are two plugs on the inside panel of the rear hatch. Does anyone know if you could retrofit the tool kit there, just like other Bmw's in the past? :?:

While the i3 is not available to the US client for Euro delivery, my other BMW, I picked up in Munich, and did come with the required triangle and first aid kit. I was specifically told to carry them home in my luggage, as they would unlikely make it back to the states if left in the car during shipment. Certainly, they could install them at the receiving port before delivery, or have the dealer do it, if it were officially part of the USA package, but you can buy them if you wish. I haven't looked to see where they get mounted in the car when standard...it may or may not be in our copy of the user's manual. My other car has a fitted well with carpeted cover for the first aid kit and a pocket and strap to hold the triangle both in the trunk area.

I think I have seen the first aid kit Velcroed to the side wall inside of the back end cargo area. The frunk is not waterproof so I doubt the first aid kit would be placed in that area.

Back