What data will BMW collect from the connected i3's?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrancisJeffries

It occurs to me that the connected i3 could collect - and maybe also transmit in near-real time - all sorts of data as we drive. Including where we are, what speed we're doing, state of battery, Rex (if fitted), etc., etc.
I just wonder whether there are privacy issues and whether we're likely to get speeding tickets (for example) automatically issued if ever we infringe a limit?
I'm sure Big Brother will find all that information almost impossible to ignore! :eek:

FrancisJeffries said:
It occurs to me that the connected i3 could collect - and maybe also transmit in near-real time - all sorts of data as we drive. Including where we are, what speed we're doing, state of battery, Rex (if fitted), etc., etc.
I just wonder whether there are privacy issues and whether we're likely to get speeding tickets (for example) automatically issued if ever we infringe a limit?
I'm sure Big Brother will find all that information almost impossible to ignore! :eek:

They will collect everything no doubt like your ISP but reading the T&C on privacy hard to tell like a lot of companies like Apple an Tesco for example.

Back