When you lease, you choose from existing dealer inventory?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max

Noob question I know... Or do people ever custom configure the car they want and lease that?

You can custom configure car and lease the custom configured car. A lease is just another type of finance option. Depending on what you want may affect your lease cost and turn in costs, but the leasor is providing a service and will price accordingly. If you want the car wrapped in pink plastic wrap the lessor would likely blend the total cost of installing the wrap and removing the wrap over the term of the lease plus perhaps some admin fee for the cost of money and for the extra work in paying for the custom work. As long as the vehicle can be put back to the original shape at lease end the lessor doesn't really care as long as he makes some money.

Leasing a car they already have on the lot will almost always work to your advantage financially. I was considering ordering a base i3 to keep the lease rate reasonable but after visiting the dealer a few times and negotiating pricing this worked to my advantage. I ended up leasing a loaded i3 they had in stock for less than the rate they gave me for ordering a base unit. They told me BMW gave them permission to sell their inventory at a lower cost to make room for future inventory, not sure if this was the case. Of course there was some negotiation to get the pricing down but I ended up with a better car and didn't have to wait 8-12 weeks for delivery.

The one option I did really want was the upgraded audio package. Ended up with this, Giga trim, Parking Assist(that I'll never use), and Technology/Driving Assist.

Back