Which Home Charging Station Do You use?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All,

I know many here have asked about which home charging stations are the best. I've done some reviews on various EVSEs and posted them here in the past. I just did another of the JuiceBox Pro 40, so I wanted to put the link here for anyone interested.

Also, please comment on this thread which EVSE you use for your i3, and what you like and dislike about it. This will help newbies decide which one they should choose!

https://bmwi3.blogspot.com/2018/04/ev-charging-product-review-update.html

Thanks!
Wallbox Pulsar Plus 40 amp

Hi All,

I know many here have asked about which home charging stations are the best. I've done some reviews on various EVSEs and posted them here in the past. I just did another of the JuiceBox Pro 40, so I wanted to put the link here for anyone interested.

Also, please comment on this thread which EVSE you use for your i3, and what you like and dislike about it. This will help newbies decide which one they should choose!

https://bmwi3.blogspot.com/2018/04/ev-charging-product-review-update.html

Thanks!

I had a chargepoint model was good because you could control amperage via app. Moved into a house with a tesla charger and can only control amps with breaker đź‘Ž

The car will only pull so much current. As long as the Tesla charger isn’t tripping the circuit breaker (which should be sized to protect the wiring) you’ll be fine.

I'm an electrical engineer by training, and I used the KISS principle. I added a 14/50 socket to the dryer circuit in the garage and have a plug-in Duosida unit. Level 2, 16A max. The car is programmed to take 12A and reduced rate is 2-8A.M. so it's ready (and preconditioned on a cold morning!) for departure to work. As no-one ever uses the dryer in the middle of the night, there has never been a conflict. Obviously, those with larger batteries and longer commutes may not have this option. I think I paid less than $200 for everything, and it has worked flawlessly for six years. I never charge it in the garage.

Back