Windows open ?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike B

A couple of times now I've got up in the morning and looked at the car and the windows are both wide open.
Anyone had this problem.

A couple of times now I've got up in the morning and looked at the car and the windows are both wide open.
Anyone had this problem.
You have inadvertently pressed a button on the remote. Long press opens the windows. This is a silly feature that is nice on hot days, but can get your i3 water logged if it is raining.

I thought of that but they were closed when I went to bed and I don't sleep with the remote ! when I looked out at the car I had not touched the remote (i.e. the app on my phone)

Also my remote does not have the ability to open or close the windows only to lock or unlock the car and to precondition.

Also my remote does not have the ability to open or close the windows only to lock or unlock the car and to precondition.
If you're sure that pressing the unlock button for a long time doesn't open the windows on your i3, then you have a considerably more serious problem.

Back