Winter Package now standard in UK?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sithsmith23

Playing around with the configuration build on BMW website. Winter Package no longer a £260 addition...and heated seats come as standard? Not sure if promo or on-going as standard spec...

sithsmith23 said:
Playing around with the configuration build on BMW website. Winter Package no longer a £260 addition...and heated seats come as standard? Not sure if promo or on-going as standard spec...

I was told the heat pump will be standard from 1st Jan 2015. The base price has gone up by £300!

Since heated seats are going to be standard equipment in US I bet it's just cost effective to get them standard across the board.

Yes, the winter pack is now standard and cannot be added as an option.

As has been pointed out, the base price has increased by £300, so not a bad deal overall if you take into account inflation.

Do you know what implication this has for vehicles already in the order system? I ordered my REX with the winter package and it is currently due mid-Feb. It's through a company lease scheme so not entirely sure on the specific stage it is at within the BMW process. Guess a call or email to our lease company is in order to check!

The only way to be sure is to call your leasing company. I ordered a 2014 Rex with the winter package in November, and received a call from my leasing company in early December saying I would be receiving a 2915 model, including the package, and would need to reorder on their system to get the correct price/spec for the 2015 model.

paule23 said:
The only way to be sure is to call your leasing company. I ordered a 2014 Rex with the winter package in November, and received a call from my leasing company in early December saying I would be receiving a 2915 model, including the package, and would need to reorder on their system to get the correct price/spec for the 2015 model.

In which case the flux capacitor may also be standard :D . I'm in a similar position though not with a leasing company and will expect BMW to honour the order at the agreed price & spec regardless of the price hike on list vs the earlier option price.

I plugged my VIN into this:
http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html

And found in the list of equipment:
Code:
S494A   Sitzheizung Fahrer/Beifahrer    Seat heating driver/passenger
I did not add on the Winter Package. It looks like I got it for free!

A further thought. Since the DC Prep is also std for 2015. Would it have been added FOC if it was not ordered? Since I did order it I cannot tell. Maybe someone else?

I had an email from my dealer saying my car would now have the Winter Package and the price had gone up £300 as BMW don't offer a price guarantee...

DC prep is only standard for US cars, not UK - I think their base price went up $1000.

When did you get your VIN?

SMike,
I would expect your dealer to give you a bit more than a cursory email notifying you of the 14 day right to cancel should you not wish to take up the variation of their signed Contract :eek:

SMike said:
I had an email from my dealer saying my car would now have the Winter Package and the price had gone up £300 as BMW don't offer a price guarantee...

DC prep is only standard for US cars, not UK - I think their base price went up $1000.

When did you get your VIN?

That seems like a breach of contract. Having signed and put down a £1000 deposit I expect the terms to be honored.

Got my VIN a couple of weeks ago.

Until you sign on delivery, there is no price guarantee its pretty clear on the order documents.

The price may go up or down between now and delivery the dealer and by extension BMW UK reserve the right to levy any additional charges or discounts. You have the option of breaking the order and getting all your money back without penalty if you do not agree to the additional charge.

That's the situation as I understand it.

I would be quite within my rights to cancel. But I still want my i3 :D

i7fan said:
I plugged my VIN into this:
http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html

And found in the list of equipment:
Code:
S494A   Sitzheizung Fahrer/Beifahrer    Seat heating driver/passenger
I did not add on the Winter Package. It looks like I got it for free!

A further thought. Since the DC Prep is also std for 2015. Would it have been added FOC if it was not ordered? Since I did order it I cannot tell. Maybe someone else?

Just looked my VIN up and I also have heated seats despite not ordering them. Expecting delivery week starting 2/2/15. :p

DanB said:
Just looked my VIN up and I also have heated seats despite not ordering them. Expecting delivery week starting 2/2/15. :p

Do you have DC prep? Especially if you did NOT order it and have it included. It is listed in German which may cause you to miss it...

As it's a lease car it was ordered with DC prep (only a few pounds extra a month) as the lease company expects it to boost re-sale values ;) . Call me sad but I already checked the German translations in google translate ;)

My lease company contacted me a few weeks ago to let me know the order needed adjusting due to the winter pack changes and my P11D value and hence monthly lease cost has actually now gone down - expecting delivery on Wednesday!

Back