Would this help?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoMoreGas

Why not just once a week or every other week apply a high grade furniture polish/wax (e.g., Pledge in the US)?

NoMoreGas said:
Why not just once a week or every other week apply a high grade furniture polish/wax (e.g., Pledge in the US)?
Help what? If you're talking about the wood panels...it is normal and expected (at least by BMW as acknowledged in their documentation) that they will change color as they age. Waxing them may just make them too shiny and create more reflections in the windshield.

Sorry. No clear. Concerned about wood discoloration unevenly based on UV exposure. Bought some Guardsman Furniture protectant with UV protection. No change in color. Will apply once every couple of weeks. No change in color.

Have been using the Guardsman Furniture Polish / Wax once a week to two weeks since late March. Was at showroom to pick up a friend and compared mine to an identical i3 and there is no difference or fading of any sort. In short, it appears to be working. Will continue.

I had all of the windows including the windscreen tinted and there is no fading so far after 8 months. However the car lives in a garage......

Back