Chamillikawi

Re: Coding the i3

Thu May 31, 2018 6:47 pm

***HELP NEEDED***

Before I started coding my i3 I had this feature enabled that when I engage the right turn signal and and steer the wheel to right on low speeds the passenger side mirror would tilt outwards for extra viewing angle some kinda blind spot thing...

I coded few things and I must've disabled that by mistake and no backup were taken at that time, could anyone help me to re-enable that feature again? I believe it's called "Automatic Cornering Adjustment".

Thanks in advance.

alohart

Thu May 31, 2018 11:37 pm

Chamillikawi wrote:I coded few things and I must've disabled that by mistake and no backup were taken at that time, could anyone help me to re-enable that feature again? I believe it's called "Automatic Cornering Adjustment".
No coding required. Just slide the mirror adjustment selection button to the driver's side to enable this standard feature.
Aloha,
Art

2014 BMW i3 Arravani Grey, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, JuiceBox EVSE

Chamillikawi

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:33 am

alohart wrote:
Chamillikawi wrote:I coded few things and I must've disabled that by mistake and no backup were taken at that time, could anyone help me to re-enable that feature again? I believe it's called "Automatic Cornering Adjustment".
No coding required. Just slide the mirror adjustment selection button to the driver's side to enable this standard feature.

@Alohart,

Thank you for this, but the mirror adjustment selection button is already on the driver side I know this trick already.

There must be a module controlling it and can be adjusted through esys coding and I think I messed it up.

Chamillikawi

Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:59 am

Guys, can anyone confirm that if I select any module for instance "BDC" in esys and press "Code" button (but NOT "Code default values"). This will set all FDL settings to defaults and my i3 will go back to initial factory values... Is this true?

Thank you.

alohart

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:21 pm

I recently learned that our i3 could be coded to remember the last climate control recirculation setting. Because I prefer to set recirculation to 'M' but the default is 'A', I implemented this coding change which has worked as expected.

I had previously coded the side mirrors to fold when locking the doors via Comfort Access with the delay set to 0 seconds. This had been working almost as expected for several months. The only minor surprise was that a 0 second delay is actually a bit longer such that if I don't touch the door locking ribs long enough, the side mirrors won't fold.

However, immediately after coding the climate control recirculation setting, the side mirrors would no longer fold when locking the doors. However, they would fold if I touched the door locking ribs for a second time (i.e., first touch locks the doors, second touch folds the side mirrors). This new behavior wasn't ideal, so I set the side mirror folding parameters back to their original settings, no side mirror folding with Comfort Access locking and a 1.5 second delay time. I then reapplied the side mirror folding with Comfort Access locking and a 0 second delay time. After doing so, the side mirrors fold when locking the doors with Comfort Access, so there's no need to touch the door locking ribs a second time to fold the side mirrors. Weird!
Aloha,
Art

2014 BMW i3 Arravani Grey, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, JuiceBox EVSE

alohart

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:39 pm

alohart wrote:However, immediately after coding the climate control recirculation setting, the side mirrors would no longer fold when locking the doors.
Unfortunately, the side mirrors no longer fold when locking the doors by touching the Comfort Access ribs on the door handles. The button that folds/unfolds the side mirrors still functions normally, so I have no idea why the coding changes no longer function after reliably functioning for several months. Oh well, back to manually folding the side mirrors when parking, I guess.
Aloha,
Art

mparz

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:38 pm

Has anyone found the new parameter locations for the welcome gong and seatbelt reminder?

My car's software (2014 REX) was updated about 2 months ago and I coded the car last week using PSdZData_Lite_v4.12.41.7z

All other coding worked (tank size, enabling hold mode, legal disclaimer, etc.) but the 2 parameters mentioned above are no longer in the ACSM2/3001 tree.

Thanks.

captslow

Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:14 am

Chamillikawi wrote:Guys, can anyone confirm that if I select any module for instance "BDC" in esys and press "Code" button (but NOT "Code default values"). This will set all FDL settings to defaults and my i3 will go back to initial factory values... Is this true?

Thank you.
Yes. It will code the module to defaults based on your VO. If you didnt modify your VO, then it will be stock.
2017 328d xDrive Sports Wagon: Estoril Blue, Black Sensatec, Driver Assist Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, ACC, Side/Top Cameras, Park Assist, Nav, HK
2018 i3 Rex: Imperial Blue, Giga Brown leather w/ Carnum Cloth, Tech+Driver Assist Pkg, PDC, CarPlay

RRBerman

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:43 am

Can someone please show me how to turn on the back up camera at any speed? I've seen it posted here before but I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance!

alohart

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:18 pm

RRBerman wrote:Can someone please show me how to turn on the back up camera at any speed?
I haven't tried this. However, it is listed in a coding document that I downloaded, so it might be worth trying.

PMA_PDC Module:

Enable Rear-View Camera at all Speeds
300D->d_schwelle_2kmh set to: werte = FF
300D->v_schwelle_2kmh set to: werte = FF
Aloha,
Art

Return to “Technical BMW i3 Discussions”