Problem with finish on car

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I3mepls

This will sound like I'm making it up, but has anyone else experienced problems with getting rid of marks on the finish? I have a handprint(!) on both the passenger door and finger prints on the fuel door that are white and I can't get rid of them, it's like they have seeped into the finish somehow.

I went with the arravani grey, the darkest colour, and it looks terrible.

Thanks

I3mepls said:
This will sound like I'm making it up, but has anyone else experienced problems with getting rid of marks on the finish? I have a handprint(!) on both the passenger door and finger prints on the fuel door that are white and I can't get rid of them, it's like they have seeped into the finish somehow.

Thanks

Hi... I also have Arrivani grey. No problem removing finger prints, but if a birdy leaves a message its good to remove it straight away as it is a real problem to remove the mark it leaves behind.

I've got a feeling it had something to do with sunscreen, but even a professional wash can't get rid of it.

I3mepls said:

Thanks

How come the prints are white? Is it paint or some rectify with whatever was on the offending hands?

It just looks whitish in the light. Like sunscreen sort of, but permanent. No one has had anything more exciting than sunscreen or ha scream on, no oils, no other chemicals.

I3mepls said:
It just looks whitish in the light. Like sunscreen sort of, but permanent. No one has had anything more exciting than sunscreen or ha scream on, no oils, no other chemicals.

I am not sure where you are located... but we have use this guy http://www.premieracv.co.uk/contact-us/ to clean our ice cars in the past and is very knowledgeable and seems to know everything about all finishes and marks. .. He certainly achieved a miracle with our cars.

I've seen a similar problem before, on a Renault. The sunscreen etched itself into the lacquer (clear) coat over the metallic finish. I used Meguiar's Scratch-X to get it out. If you do try to polish the marks out, practice on somewhere invisible first!

I3mepls said:

Thanks

Suspect handcream, seen similar on Wife's Mini.

Back