iphone 5 vs USB

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwilson4web

Hi,

My iPhone is USB paired with the car which is necessary to make phone calls. But when I get in the car, I like to connect the USB port since that maintains the battery. But intermittently, the iPhone will issue 'bleeps' when I do this.

My current workaround is to disable bluetooth on the iPhone. I haven't tried to disable bluetooth on the i3 but suspect it will work too. My only concern is disabling bluetooth might make the i3 forget its pairing.

So my first question is what should be my protocol for connecting the iPhone to the car USB and still have bluetooth?

Is there a cleaner way to handle this?

Thanks,
Bob Wilson

I have always just plugged iPhone into the BMW USB to charge and paired with bluetooth as well without any problems.

When you say intermittent bleeps, do you mean randomly whilst it is connected or when you connect it first? Normally the iPhone bleeps to signify it is commencing battery charging. Is it possible your connection cable is not tight as if the phone was coming on and off charge, it would tend to bleep.

I have a 6s, and always charge the phone using the USB plug from the center armrest.

It only communicates with the car via Bluetooth.

Making phone calls when standing near the parked car is a bit of a pain in the ass, as it will go to the car occasionally.

Back